• Focusing philanthropic goals
• Developing grant strategies
• Sharpening the use of media, public policy, and other advocacy tools
• Authoring issue briefs that present good opportunities for impact
• Surveying the landscape of existing efforts in a field
• Evaluating grant proposals
• Drafting grant guidelines
• Creating travel and other first-hand experiences that stretch donors’ thinking and energize them to act
• Engaging next-generation family members in clients’ philanthropic work
Cascade Philanthropy Advisors helps donors working across a wide range of philanthropic issues—from education in the U.S. to trade in Africa. Our unique value is the way we help clients cut through complexity and apply the art and science of effective giving.
In keeping with the personal nature of philanthropic giving, we do not offer a set of standard, off-the-rack solutions. Instead, we tailor all of our work products to the needs and distinctive operating styles of our clients. Our clients know we meet them precisely where they are and that we will walk through walls to help them achieve deeper impact as well as greater purpose, meaning, and joy.
Cascade Philanthropy Advisors is a small, independent firm. Lowell Weiss is deeply engaged in every phase of the work with each of our clients. To augment his capabilities, he draws upon the expertise of a broad network of philanthropic and issue experts around the world.