• Focusing and implementing philanthropic goals and strategies
• Implementing best practices for philanthropic learning and improvement
• Identifying and seizing good opportunities for impact in specific issue areas
• Sharpening the use of media, public policy, and other advocacy tools
• Evaluating grant proposals and managing grantee relationships
• Creating travel and other experiences that stretch donors’ thinking and energize them to act
• Engaging next-generation family members in clients’ philanthropic work
Cascade Philanthropy Advisors helps donors working across a wide range of philanthropic issues—from education in the U.S. to trade in Africa. Our unique value is the hands-on, high-touch way we help clients apply the art and science of effective giving. We don’t just make recommendations; we roll up our sleeves to help clients put ideas into action, factoring in each client’s distinctive operating style. Our clients know we meet them precisely where they are and that we will walk through walls to help them achieve deeper impact as well as greater purpose, meaning, and joy.
Cascade Philanthropy Advisors is a small, independent firm. Lowell Weiss is deeply engaged in every phase of the work with each of our clients. To augment his capabilities, he draws upon the expertise of a broad network of philanthropic and issue experts around the world.